Let’s tag this global stressor accordingly: an ongoing traumatic event.
- Avoidance: Unwillingness to think or speak about it.
- Shame and guilt: Maybe I am the mentally weak one – other folks are unaffected by it.
- Disorientation: What do I do exactly? How do I behave? Where do I go from here? Where is here?
- Hopelessness: Inability to visualise a future.
- Severe emotional distress: Feeling depressed and disturbed
- Always being on guard for danger: What next? Armageddon?
- Difficulty maintaining close relationships: Relationships are now a chore.
- Coping mechanisms: “This? no, this is not a coping mechanism. I am de-stressing.” Even listening to music, running, and meditating don’t seem to work anymore.
If this is you, no need to fret, you’re not alone. I don’t have my ducks in a row either.